Friday, October 25, 2013

Squirrel Update, etc...


This is not my baby squirrel, just a random squirrel that I found on Pinterest, but he is just as cute!

http://2winks.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

The squirrel lived through the night!!!  So, my sweet husband took the baby squirrel (named Francisco) to the Wildlife Refuge.  I had to do something at my son's school and so Mark got roped into the "squirrel of 2013" project.  We have been married 21 years so he is totally used to my "animal emergencies" and general nonsense.  
Anyway, he drove Francisco to this awesome refuge.  The woman there estimated that he was about 6 weeks old, she said he never would have survived the night, it was just too cold.  He was still a little cold even though we cranked the heat up in the garage and filled his cage with towels.  She said it sounded like he might have a little respiratory infection so she gave him antibiotics.  She thought that as long as he responded to the antibiotics, he would be fine.  Yea!  
She also had 3 or 4 other baby squirrels about his age that he would live with at this refuge until spring when they would be released.  
How sweet!  A happy weekend can be had by all!

In other news I spent a couple of mornings at my son's school painting a backdrop for the Third Grade Worlds' Fair, which apparently, was a huge success.  They had all different kinds of food and activities.  

Ferris Wheel

Part of the skyline.

And finally, it's the weekend!!!


I will be doing some painting, hopefully some hand printing, some kiln loading, and of course...



What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment