Wednesday, August 14, 2013

POP!


It is no secret, I LOVE pop art!  I love almost all art really.  Some things don't speak to me as much as others, but I can appreciate something in almost every type of art, whether it is the art itself, the process, the emotion, etc...  But Pop Art really speaks to me, on so many levels!

I got two e-mails recently that just made my day when I got them.  The first was from my friend Linda, who knows all about my love of all things Andy Warhol.


Check out this link that she sent me.  I can't stop looking at it!  I am fascinated, and amused, and a little wierded out, but I LOVE it!




I am also a big fan of Jean-Michel Basquiat.  His work, his short life, his story, and his hair.  So I was thrilled when Mark sent me this link yesterday.  I can't wait to see this film!  If you check the link out, I found the comments section very interesting too.  Art definately gets people talking!


And don't even get me started on Keith Haring...


Or Fab Five Freddie


I will have to save those guys for another day!


And speaking of graffiti, this is the artist who ran the spray painting class that I took a couple of weeks ago.



And a  flickr stream with some of his "unauthorized" works.


What do you think of pop art?   Did you enter to win that Warhol? 


No comments:

Post a Comment